Thursday, April 27, 2017

Western Wall and a Stop at the Mall

My experience at the Kotel was really emotional. Although I didn't cry, I felt my connection to Hashem while I put the note my mom gave me and my own note onto the wall. The notes I put into the wall were only two of millions and I'm really overjoyed that I was able to share this experience with my classmates and my teachers. - Isaac




We started off with Tefillah at Robinson's Arch, an area at the southern end of the Kotel that is reserved for egalitarian Tefillot.  It was difficult when some boys tried to disrupt our service because they saw girls were reading Torah, but our Israeli counselor stopped them.  At the Kotel plaza and the surrounding archaeological park, we looked at what remained of the Second Temple. Then we had free time and got lunches - and I got the best Schwarma. We also went into the water tunnel underneath the Kotel, which was great. We ended the day at the mall where I ate . . . everything.   -AJ






No comments:

Post a Comment

Bahai and Bye-Bye!

To start our last day in Israel, we woke up at  6:00 A.M.  and packed our stuff onto the bus to leave the hotel. We were driving for a whi...